Hi!
I am a newcomer and I have some questions about iptables.
Knoppix seems to use default iptable rules.
1) How can I see all the rules?
2) Where do I find some examples for iptable-rules?
a lot of greetings from Austria!
Hi!
I am a newcomer and I have some questions about iptables.
Knoppix seems to use default iptable rules.
1) How can I see all the rules?
2) Where do I find some examples for iptable-rules?
a lot of greetings from Austria!
Hi!
Does anyone know hoe I can load all my iptables-rules at startup?
Or can I save all the rules in the configuration? When I reboot the PC all the rules are emty and I must add every iptable again. How can I import the rules from a file?
Where do I find some examples?
a lot of greetings and a happy new year!
here are two i found usefull.
http://www.laser.dist.unige.it/Repos...esTutorial.pdf
http://iptables-tutorial.frozentux.net/
and here you have a desent script (text is in swedish but script works) these two links are from http://www.lysator.liu.se/~kjell-e/tekla/linux/
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~kjell-e/t.../iptables.html
http://www.lysator.liu.se/~kjell-e/t...askering2.html
I am very pleased with Arno's Firewall script.
It is actually not hard to install. I am pretty new to Knoppix and I did it first try using the quick setup routine. It is very well commented out so that you know what to put where. And if you make a mistake, when you run it, it will tell you exactly what it wants.
The only thing I did different than his suggestions for getting it to run at boot for Debian is that I
put his "start" command in the
/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh file
After that, it loaded at boot up.
I have tested his firewall at a number of sites and it provides excellent security.
sakiZ

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99
Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99
HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive
$318.99