Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: iptables configuration

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    3

    iptables configuration

    Hi!

    I am a newcomer and I have some questions about iptables.

    Knoppix seems to use default iptable rules.

    1) How can I see all the rules?

    2) Where do I find some examples for iptable-rules?

    a lot of greetings from Austria!

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    3
    Hi!

    Does anyone know hoe I can load all my iptables-rules at startup?

    Or can I save all the rules in the configuration? When I reboot the PC all the rules are emty and I must add every iptable again. How can I import the rules from a file?

    Where do I find some examples?

    a lot of greetings and a happy new year!

  3. #3

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    342

    Arno's Firewall Script Works for Me

    I am very pleased with Arno's Firewall script.

    It is actually not hard to install. I am pretty new to Knoppix and I did it first try using the quick setup routine. It is very well commented out so that you know what to put where. And if you make a mistake, when you run it, it will tell you exactly what it wants.


    The only thing I did different than his suggestions for getting it to run at boot for Debian is that I
    put his "start" command in the

    /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh file

    After that, it loaded at boot up.

    I have tested his firewall at a number of sites and it provides excellent security.

    sakiZ

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix 3.9 Kernel 2.6.11 iptables string-match
    By floschi in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-13-2005, 01:35 PM
  2. Setting up iptables on Knoppix HD install
    By Neo-Rio in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 08:05 AM
  3. basic firewall rules for iptables
    By zebul666 in forum Ideas
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-07-2004, 07:00 AM
  4. Need help with iptables
    By Markus in forum Networking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-24-2004, 07:27 PM
  5. IPtables script, submitted for consideration
    By Dave_Bechtel in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-11-2003, 05:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts picture

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts

$49.78



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve picture

NWT Vintage TUMI Safecase Deluxe Adjustable Computer Brief Bag 2632 w/ Sleeve

$449.50



Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5” picture

Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”

$100.00



NCR System 3000 UNIX SVR4 MP-RAS Administrator Guide Manual D1-2266-E Vintage picture

NCR System 3000 UNIX SVR4 MP-RAS Administrator Guide Manual D1-2266-E Vintage

$200.00



Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery picture

Lot of 4 Vintage Intel i486 DX2 CPU Processors for Gold Scrap Recovery

$99.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99