-
Extract boot image from CD
Hi all,
I want to extract the boot.img from a bootable CD e.g. the current KNOPPIX CD.
Yes I know that there are boot images in /KNOPPIX/ on the CD but I want to extract the boot image from the CD "boot block".
Is this possible and how can it be done?
I try Goolge the hole morning but I don't find any hint on this.
cu
Peter
-
Senior Member
registered user
I don't think it will be very easy. Your best bet is to read the iso9660 standard and try to work out what blocks the boot image is stored in, then you can use "dd" to get it out.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Extract boot image from CD

Originally Posted by
BigMack
Hi all,
I want to extract the boot.img from a bootable CD e.g. the current KNOPPIX CD.
Yes I know that there are boot images in /KNOPPIX/ on the CD but I want to extract the boot image from the CD "boot block".
Is this possible and how can it be done?
K3b (linux) and Nero (windows) have an option to extract the bootimage from an image.
AFAIK
-
Try UltaIso or WinISO in Windows
Similar Threads
-
By uber in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 16
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:59 AM
-
By borru in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 11:53 AM
-
By MichielioZ in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-08-2003, 04:34 AM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
-
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-28-2003, 09:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP EliteBook 830 G8 Core I7-1185G7 3.00GHz Laptop 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD
$250.00

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)
$189.00

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4
$279.99

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good
$464.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98