-
Re: Yet another can't boot from CD

Originally Posted by
dayers7
I know, I know - read the FAQ. But the Documentation server seems to be down, and I'm impatient. Bear with me, please.
I am a SUSE 9.1 user. I downloaded the K3.7 iso, checked the md5sum and burned the iso to a fresh CD using K3b, successfully. But the CD won't boot. I have a store bought Knoppix 3.3 CD that boots with no problem.
Should simply burning the iso onto a CD result in a bootable CD? If not, what is the missing link?
Ive got the exact same problem dayer7s, it just doesnt seem to boot. Tried changing the boot sequence through the BIOS, that didnt work. I dl'ed the Smart Boot Manager .exe, and put in onto a floppy, and when I restarted I got a Non-System Disk error.
What is 'checking the md5sum'?
Yes, I am a total n00b.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$22.00

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS
$349.95

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00