Well, it's fun so I thought I'd mention it. http://www.parallelrealities.co.uk/blobWars.php
apt-gettable!
Well, it's fun so I thought I'd mention it. http://www.parallelrealities.co.uk/blobWars.php
apt-gettable!
Markus,
NICE
Well worth the almost 7.5 MB apt-get, plays like SuperTux, and just as challenging.
( I'm still waiting for the next levels from SuperTux, and it appears, after I can get through BlobWars, I'll be waiting for new levels on this one, as well)
O M G !
If you like blobwars, try some of there other games... ( check out there link for ¨Products¨ )
starfighter is pretty cool, and easy to apt-get install...
Whereas, If you really want a ¨killer¨ stoot´em up game, try ¨Virus Killer¨ - the game currently does not have apt-get ability, but you can grab the tarball source, and compile it... One note though, you will probably NEED to apt-get install ¨almost¨ all of the SDL ...-dev packages. If you do a apt-cache search for ¨sdl¨, most of them did not come ¨standard¨ on my hard drive installed Kanotix... After you grab the SDL stuff... Compile was easy, un-tar the source tarball, do a make, and if you have all the needed .h header files that it requires for SDL, do a easy make install from a root Konsole - and BAM, you got a killer game...
Documentation for Virus Killer states that it SHOULD place a menu entry in Games > Arcade -=- mine didnt, so a trip into Menu Editor, and an entry for ¨VirusKiller¨ running the command viruskiller - and game play was off...
As a side note: SPOILLER FOLLOWS
Steve Sweeney, the guy behind Parallel Realities, tells me, he is working on Episode II for BlobWars - doesnt expect release till after Christmas though - so, all you fans of BlobWars, keep on the look-out
Ms. Cuddles
Nooooooooooooooo.Originally Posted by Cuddles
Now I'm going to wait for it impatiently and here I was completely unaware of a sequel to blobwars.

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Windows XP, Vista, 8.1, Linux Knoppix, Office XP, (6 CDS)
$10.00
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.98