Knoppix can't mount blank disks, therefor the folder doesn't exist.
You need to use k3b to burn disks.
hit
F2
then type k3b
I am not experienced in using Linux or Knoppix, so I apologize if this is a dumb question.
I have created a Knoppix CD, and I can boot my PC with it, but it cannot see my CD writer or my USB hard drive. I need to be able to copy some files off my hard drive to the CD+R, but I get an error message that says mount: mount point /mnt/auto/cdrom1 does not exist. Please check that the disk is entered correctly.
I have a blank CD in the drive, and I have tried other blank CDs. Is there any way to make Knoppix see the drive?
Knoppix can't mount blank disks, therefor the folder doesn't exist.
You need to use k3b to burn disks.
hit
F2
then type k3b
Thank you. I wasn't aware of the command.
After re-booting, Knoppix can now see my external USB hard drive, which is allowing me to update my backup. (It doesn't use NTSB file system, so I don't think I'll have a problem with it.)
This has been a real life-saver. I like the knoppix system, so even after I'm able to get Windows reinstalled on my PC, I think I'll use Knoppix again and see if I can learn something.
Originally Posted by firebyrd10

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1625.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Standard 64Bit 16 Core-50 CALs DVD With Key Sealed
$41.19
867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00
Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
VMware vCenter Server 8 STANDARD Perpetual License Key VC-STD-C (Legacy Pack)
$1599.95
Microsoft Windows Server 2025 Datacenter 64Bit 24 Core 50 cal Freeshipping
$54.99