-
Radeon 9000: Getting DRI to work in HD install (3.7)
Hi! I'm not here with a query, but rather a solution. Using Knoppix 3.7, I found that from the CD boot I was able to run the provided games (eg. Chromium) smoothly, but when I installed it on the HD they were so slow as to be impossible to play. A quick check with glxinfo showed the DRI was not present. My video card is an ATI radeon 9000 mobility. I spent a whole day on this, and finally came up with the solution, which is a two-parter. Firstly, you must install the kernel driver radeon in order to enable DRI ( I noticed this was present in the CD boot but not the HD install). Secondly, you must edit XF86Config-4 and set the option "ForcePCIMode" for the video card. Yes, you will no longer get AGP enhancements, but this is hardly noticable in the desktop environment and DRI has a much greater impact on the performance of games.
:P
Similar Threads
-
By belboz in forum Laptops
Replies: 6
Last Post: 12-01-2005, 09:44 PM
-
By ramenk in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-10-2005, 10:20 PM
-
By zblace in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 04:25 PM
-
By guero in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-13-2004, 12:30 AM
-
By tamster121 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 04-14-2003, 10:36 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i7-4770 3.40GHz Quad Core SR149 LGA 1150 CPU Processor tested
$35.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-10700 8-Core 16-Thread 2.9GHz Desktop CPU LGA1200 SRH6Y Z490 Z590
$129.00

Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99