-
Problems after apt-get upgrade
Hi,
I did an apt-get upgrade after which I am unable to do any other apt-gets. (I can however do an apt-get update). I looked at some other posts on this site on this issue and tried following the suggestions there, but am still stuck. Whenever I try and install a package it says the following package has unmet dependencies - libntfs5.
So I tried doing an install of libntfs5, it then says
dpkg- error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/libntfs5_1.9.2-2_i386.deb (--unpack)
trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/libntfs.so.5.0.0', which is also in package ntfsprogs
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/libntfs5_1.9.2-2_i386.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
Following this I tried to remove the lib package in /var/cache/apt/archives and do a
'touch /usr/lib/libntfs.so.5.0.0' I have also tried to do an apt-get -f install but none of the above seem to work. I am therefore stuck and cannot download any packages. Can someone help?
Thanks.
Similar Threads
-
By voldemort_b in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 03-14-2004, 09:47 PM
-
By Cuddles in forum General Support
Replies: 14
Last Post: 03-04-2004, 09:55 AM
-
By spiritwing in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 05:48 AM
-
By Paradox in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 01:58 AM
-
By silkodyssey in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-15-2003, 02:56 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco C9200-48P-E Cisco POE Network Switch
$749.99

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco XFP-10G-MM-SR 10G XFP Transceiver
$79.89

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00