Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: programs stuck when autocompleting(tab) in gui

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    9

    programs stuck when autocompleting(tab) in gui

    Hi some programs(xmms,ndiswrapper) tend to get stuck, if I accidently try to browse my /mnt folder.
    There is no problems if I do it in a commandline. It's only in gui's.
    In some of the other wm I have used there is a destroy option if I click on the upper left corner of the window.

    How can I make knoppix use my 500 meg linux swap partition as a swap partition. Maybe it allready does it but how do I check.

    thanks in advance

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323

    Re: programs stuck when autocompleting(tab) in gui

    Quote Originally Posted by monkeyking
    Hi some programs(xmms,ndiswrapper) tend to get stuck, if I accidently try to browse my /mnt folder.
    There is no problems if I do it in a commandline. It's only in gui's.
    In some of the other wm I have used there is a destroy option if I click on the upper left corner of the window.
    You can use (example xmms):
    xkill
    killall xmms
    ps fax|grep xmms
    to get the PID and do:
    kill -9 PID

    How can I make knoppix use my 500 meg linux swap partition as a swap partition. Maybe it allready does it but how do I check.
    Type free to see if swap is used and how much of it is used.

Similar Threads

  1. stuck..
    By flandercan in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-22-2005, 12:16 AM
  2. need help download done now stuck
    By buckeye in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2005, 12:09 AM
  3. Stuck on boot
    By tekie in forum General Support
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 06:57 PM
  4. synaptic seems stuck
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 05:56 PM
  5. stuck
    By pat reen in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-28-2003, 04:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot

$1090.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99