-
Error after Hdd install
Hi Markb,
No I do not have the exact same error messages which you (in another thread) and twistedalpha are mentioning, and you are right that it might have been better to open a complete new thread for it in this case...
The only reason I brought it up in the same thread is that I thought it might help since it is most likely related. Remember that the way I am installing is also slightly different (from what I recall reading both you and Twistedalpha installed it as dual-boot, not single boot) so this might account why it does not fail exactly at the same point (with the devfs errors) but just right after (once it starts loading) so if someone was inclined to test those 2 scenario and try to replicate the error to debug, they could better pinpoint at the fault.
But, as I already admitted, Linux is a brand new world from me. But the last years I was doing tech support on IBM HW (under MS windows) showed me that having a slight different perspective on a similar problem might pinpoint to the right solution.
Désolé... 
Francis
Similar Threads
-
By kene in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 12:36 AM
-
By ses182 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-21-2005, 04:07 PM
-
By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 07:22 PM
-
By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By misagh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 12:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$38.98

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99

Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL380/DL360 Gen9 (P89) P89_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99