-
Error after Hdd install
Hi Markb,
No I do not have the exact same error messages which you (in another thread) and twistedalpha are mentioning, and you are right that it might have been better to open a complete new thread for it in this case...
The only reason I brought it up in the same thread is that I thought it might help since it is most likely related. Remember that the way I am installing is also slightly different (from what I recall reading both you and Twistedalpha installed it as dual-boot, not single boot) so this might account why it does not fail exactly at the same point (with the devfs errors) but just right after (once it starts loading) so if someone was inclined to test those 2 scenario and try to replicate the error to debug, they could better pinpoint at the fault.
But, as I already admitted, Linux is a brand new world from me. But the last years I was doing tech support on IBM HW (under MS windows) showed me that having a slight different perspective on a similar problem might pinpoint to the right solution.
Désolé... 
Francis
Similar Threads
-
By kene in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-03-2005, 12:36 AM
-
By ses182 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-21-2005, 04:07 PM
-
By adamherb in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-03-2005, 07:22 PM
-
By nmz787 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2004, 09:17 AM
-
By misagh in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 03-11-2003, 12:54 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Vintage 1984: Super Sketch G2300 For Atari Home Computer
$72.00

Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

VTG Atari 800XL Home Computer Retro System Console Untested Parts Repair Only
$119.99

A8PicoCart Multicart for Atari 800xl /65xe / 130xe / XEGS
$16.95

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00