Hi all,
I am installling 3.6 on vmware 4.0. Per forum I have used ide drives and over 192 ram. The install goes perfectly, the KDE desktop comes up and everything works, until I try to launch the terminal server. I configure the network settings via the wizard and then do a "start service" and either nothing happens, or I get a "kdeinit error" after a few minutes which hoses the system. (btw I have two nics which function perfectly, getting internet access etc)
I did notice there are two different term services knoppix and openmosix -- I have tried both in different orders -
Have I missed something crucial here? I am very interested in the term server cluster - are there good resources I should know about?
Thanks in advance, this is a great project ---
Jimmydean

Dell EMC PowerEdge R740 8 Bay Server w/ 32GB RAM 2x GOLD 6132 2x 1600W PSU H730p
$499.88
Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00
Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99
Dell Poweredge R620 10x 2.5" bay with 256GB (16x16gb) DDR3, 2x E5-2690v2, H710
$349.99
Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99
Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$488.00
Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99
Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93
Dell Poweredge C4130 2x LGA2011-3 1U 4x GPU Rackmount Server CTO (NO CPU/NO RAM)
$299.95
8W81F Dell PowerEdge R840 24x SFF 4x Xeon Gold 6252 H730P 2x 1100W PSU
$1100.00