Hi all,
I am installling 3.6 on vmware 4.0. Per forum I have used ide drives and over 192 ram. The install goes perfectly, the KDE desktop comes up and everything works, until I try to launch the terminal server. I configure the network settings via the wizard and then do a "start service" and either nothing happens, or I get a "kdeinit error" after a few minutes which hoses the system. (btw I have two nics which function perfectly, getting internet access etc)
I did notice there are two different term services knoppix and openmosix -- I have tried both in different orders -
Have I missed something crucial here? I am very interested in the term server cluster - are there good resources I should know about?
Thanks in advance, this is a great project ---
Jimmydean

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
MICRON MTA36ASF4G72PZ-2G6D1 32GB PC4-21300R DDR4-2666V RDIMM 2RX4 MEMORY DIMM
$139.99
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
Samsung 32GB DDR4-2666V-2Rx4-RB2-12 RAM M393A4K40CB2-CTD6Q
$169.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
Microsoft Office 2021 Pro Plus USB for 1PC Windows 10 & 11
$62.55
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99