-
term server err, maybe a vmware issue?
Hi all,
I am installling 3.6 on vmware 4.0. Per forum I have used ide drives and over 192 ram. The install goes perfectly, the KDE desktop comes up and everything works, until I try to launch the terminal server. I configure the network settings via the wizard and then do a "start service" and either nothing happens, or I get a "kdeinit error" after a few minutes which hoses the system. (btw I have two nics which function perfectly, getting internet access etc)
I did notice there are two different term services knoppix and openmosix -- I have tried both in different orders -
Have I missed something crucial here? I am very interested in the term server cluster - are there good resources I should know about?
Thanks in advance, this is a great project ---
Jimmydean
Similar Threads
-
By rubymoon in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-30-2006, 03:59 PM
-
By Shredder958 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-12-2005, 12:58 AM
-
By sunburnt in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-13-2005, 05:33 AM
-
By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 06:47 PM
-
By eric in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-04-2003, 08:21 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP Z420 Pro Workstation PC Xeon E5-2660 8-Core 64GB RAM Quadro K5000 128GB SSD
$249.00

DELL Optiplex 780 SFF CORE2DUO 3.0GHz 8GB RAM 250GB HDDDVDRW NO OS
$99.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$166.49

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

HP EliteBook 850 G6 15.6" Core i5-8265U 1.60GHz 8GB RAM AMD Lexa GPU PWR Adapter
$120.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99

Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro Core i5-7500 8 GB RAM 256GB SSD Microsoft Windows 11
$89.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99