Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Zonet 2210 USB-Ethernet Adapter

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    Zonet 2210 USB-Ethernet Adapter

    I just tried out Knoppix for the first time. It's awesome! However, it failed to recognize my Zonet 2210 USB-Ethernet Adapter. USBView lists it as "unknown device." Is their anything I can do to get it to recognize it, or am I stuck?

    Thanks in advance for replies.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    You could try adding the module through modconf. I would add eth1394 and ieee1394. They are located in kernel/drivers/ieee1394. Just enter through to add them. Type modconf as root at a konsole. I woould try that to begin with. There are others to add also but let's start there.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    ieee1394 was already enabled. I enabled eth1394 and some usb-ethernet stuff, all to no avail. After I add things in modconf, should I restart or something? The changes don't seem to be doing anything.

    On a happier note, thanks for the reply!

    BTW, I'm using Knoppix 3.6 if it matters.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    I would shut off the device and restart the computer. Turn it on when you restart.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    Still no luck- I restarted, activated the relevant modules and then plugged in the adapter, and it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    Did you try configuring the network card? Sometimes that is all the solution you need.

Similar Threads

  1. No wireless extensions with Zonet USB wireless w/knoppix 3.4
    By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  3. Zonet USB Wireless adapter
    By bin_man in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 05:56 PM
  4. IOGear USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet adapter not recognized
    By syndicatedragon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 10:04 PM
  5. Problem with wireless USB adapter Zonet ZEW2000 (Atmel chip)
    By deerwood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS  PromBlaster picture

Vintage S-100 California Computer Systems cards Z80 cpu + ADS PromBlaster

$895.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE

$249.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage IBM ThinkPad  Laptop 3 GB and 3GB Hard Drive picture

Vintage IBM ThinkPad Laptop 3 GB and 3GB Hard Drive

$39.99



Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5” picture

Bering OptiPac 3315 OPT 401 205 HP / IBM Vintage Storage PC Computer 1983 3.5”

$100.00



Vintage 1977  Cromemco 16KPR (16 KPR)  S-100  Computer Board picture

Vintage 1977 Cromemco 16KPR (16 KPR) S-100 Computer Board

$199.99



AU SELLER VINTAGE SOUND CARD RME DIGI 96/8 PRO

AU SELLER VINTAGE SOUND CARD RME DIGI 96/8 PRO "A" GRADE EXAMPLE -TESTED

$390.48



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99