-
Zonet 2210 USB-Ethernet Adapter
I just tried out Knoppix for the first time. It's awesome! However, it failed to recognize my Zonet 2210 USB-Ethernet Adapter. USBView lists it as "unknown device." Is their anything I can do to get it to recognize it, or am I stuck?
Thanks in advance for replies.
-
Senior Member
registered user
You could try adding the module through modconf. I would add eth1394 and ieee1394. They are located in kernel/drivers/ieee1394. Just enter through to add them. Type modconf as root at a konsole. I woould try that to begin with. There are others to add also but let's start there.
-
ieee1394 was already enabled. I enabled eth1394 and some usb-ethernet stuff, all to no avail. After I add things in modconf, should I restart or something? The changes don't seem to be doing anything.
On a happier note, thanks for the reply!
BTW, I'm using Knoppix 3.6 if it matters.
-
Senior Member
registered user
I would shut off the device and restart the computer. Turn it on when you restart.
-
Still no luck- I restarted, activated the relevant modules and then plugged in the adapter, and it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Did you try configuring the network card? Sometimes that is all the solution you need.
Similar Threads
-
By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
-
By phoenix07 in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
-
By bin_man in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-05-2004, 05:56 PM
-
By syndicatedragon in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 10:04 PM
-
By deerwood in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 11-19-2003, 07:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco Catalyst C9300-48U-E 48-Port UPOE Network Switch
$650.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply
$200.00