Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Zonet 2210 USB-Ethernet Adapter

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4

    Zonet 2210 USB-Ethernet Adapter

    I just tried out Knoppix for the first time. It's awesome! However, it failed to recognize my Zonet 2210 USB-Ethernet Adapter. USBView lists it as "unknown device." Is their anything I can do to get it to recognize it, or am I stuck?

    Thanks in advance for replies.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    You could try adding the module through modconf. I would add eth1394 and ieee1394. They are located in kernel/drivers/ieee1394. Just enter through to add them. Type modconf as root at a konsole. I woould try that to begin with. There are others to add also but let's start there.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    ieee1394 was already enabled. I enabled eth1394 and some usb-ethernet stuff, all to no avail. After I add things in modconf, should I restart or something? The changes don't seem to be doing anything.

    On a happier note, thanks for the reply!

    BTW, I'm using Knoppix 3.6 if it matters.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    I would shut off the device and restart the computer. Turn it on when you restart.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    4
    Still no luck- I restarted, activated the relevant modules and then plugged in the adapter, and it still doesn't work. Any other suggestions?

  6. #6
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Wisconsin, USA
    Posts
    536
    Did you try configuring the network card? Sometimes that is all the solution you need.

Similar Threads

  1. No wireless extensions with Zonet USB wireless w/knoppix 3.4
    By dave52355 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-04-2004, 09:23 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2004, 10:48 AM
  3. Zonet USB Wireless adapter
    By bin_man in forum Networking
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-05-2004, 05:56 PM
  4. IOGear USB 2.0 Fast Ethernet adapter not recognized
    By syndicatedragon in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-11-2004, 10:04 PM
  5. Problem with wireless USB adapter Zonet ZEW2000 (Atmel chip)
    By deerwood in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-19-2003, 07:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch picture

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch

$439.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module picture

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module

$699.99



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED picture

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED

$2999.99



Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch  W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords picture

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords

$240.00



Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network picture

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network

$874.99



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G Catalyst 3850 2 x 10GE Network Module

$30.00



nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply picture

nxa-pac-750w-pe v02 NEW OPEN BOX for Cisco Nexus 9300 Series power supply

$200.00



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00