this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
I am running Knoppix 3.6 on a Dell latitude and am trying to get wireless networking running with either one of two cards:
A DLink DWL-650+ and/or an EDIMAX EW-7106PC
Neither of these cards was recognised by Knoppix so I decided to try with NDISwrapper. For this I did the following ...
1. I unzipped the windows drivers to a mounted drive
2. I started NDISWrapper and located/selected the *.inf files
3. I got the following error message ...
ERROR: The selected file is no *.inf file or the *.inf file is invalid, exiting.
... for both of the adaptors.
Can anyone help me with this? Is the message normal? Or should I be handling the files differenctly in some way? Or are both these adaptors not supported?
Any tips or pointers to good 'HOWTOs' would be very gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Alan Searle.
this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
try doing it by a console.
you know.
remember to rebootCode:ndiswrapper -i /path/to/driver.inf(That is be root)
I\ve had the same issue, a couple of times with my usb flash.
good luck

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED
$250.00
Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD
$49.97
VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works
$148.75
Atari 400 Home Computer System includes Power Cord G2U
$159.99
Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99
Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks
$69.99
Vintage Atari 1050 Disk Drive w/ SIO Cable & 32 Games/Programs - UNTESTED
$67.76
Vtg Atari 800 Complete Computer System Lot Games Controllers Disk Drive Recorder
$499.99
DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29
GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00