this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
I am running Knoppix 3.6 on a Dell latitude and am trying to get wireless networking running with either one of two cards:
A DLink DWL-650+ and/or an EDIMAX EW-7106PC
Neither of these cards was recognised by Knoppix so I decided to try with NDISwrapper. For this I did the following ...
1. I unzipped the windows drivers to a mounted drive
2. I started NDISWrapper and located/selected the *.inf files
3. I got the following error message ...
ERROR: The selected file is no *.inf file or the *.inf file is invalid, exiting.
... for both of the adaptors.
Can anyone help me with this? Is the message normal? Or should I be handling the files differenctly in some way? Or are both these adaptors not supported?
Any tips or pointers to good 'HOWTOs' would be very gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Alan Searle.
this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
try doing it by a console.
you know.
remember to rebootCode:ndiswrapper -i /path/to/driver.inf(That is be root)
I\ve had the same issue, a couple of times with my usb flash.
good luck

Major Brand 8 GB PC3L-12800 (DDR3-1600) 2Rx8 DDR3L Laptop Memory RAM
$10.99
Team Group T-Create Expert RAM 32gb (2 x 16gb) 6000 Mhz DDR5 Desktop Memory Modu
$399.95
48GB(6 x 8GB) Mixed Brand PC4-2666V DDR4 Desktop UDIMM RAM - R1051A
$129.95
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99
Corsair CMK32GX4M2B3000C15 Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Memory Kit - 32GB (2x16GB)
$164.95
SK Hynix 128GB (4 x 32GB) PC4-2400T DDR4 ECC Server Memory HMA84GR7MFR4N-UH
$649.95
Samsung 32GB (1 x 32GB) DDR4-2666 (PC4-21300) Memory (M378A4G43MB1-CTD)
$159.99
G.Skill RipJaws 16GB (1x16GB) RAM DDR4 3200MHz F4-3200C16S-16GVK
$60.00
LOT OF 23 Ram Sticks-Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9 4GB (4GBx23=92GB Total)
$129.99
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB DDR4 DIMM Memory Module 3600MHz
$80.00