this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
I am running Knoppix 3.6 on a Dell latitude and am trying to get wireless networking running with either one of two cards:
A DLink DWL-650+ and/or an EDIMAX EW-7106PC
Neither of these cards was recognised by Knoppix so I decided to try with NDISwrapper. For this I did the following ...
1. I unzipped the windows drivers to a mounted drive
2. I started NDISWrapper and located/selected the *.inf files
3. I got the following error message ...
ERROR: The selected file is no *.inf file or the *.inf file is invalid, exiting.
... for both of the adaptors.
Can anyone help me with this? Is the message normal? Or should I be handling the files differenctly in some way? Or are both these adaptors not supported?
Any tips or pointers to good 'HOWTOs' would be very gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Alan Searle.
this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
try doing it by a console.
you know.
remember to rebootCode:ndiswrapper -i /path/to/driver.inf(That is be root)
I\ve had the same issue, a couple of times with my usb flash.
good luck

Vintage Apple iMac G3 “Sorry, no beige.” Wristwatch – Two Original Bands
$249.95
Vintage 1988 Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Computer Keyboard WORKING See Video
$225.00
Lot of 3 VIntage Apple Computer Rainbow Logo Sticker Decal Macintosh 1980s NOS
$7.00
Assorted Vintage Lot of Apple Macintosh items
$100.00
3X Vintage Apple Macintosh IIsi Desktop Computers - Parts Repair Untested
$99.00
Retro Rare Vintage TransWarp GS Accelerator Card Apple IIGS Applied Engineering
$499.00
Apple Macintosh 512K M0001W Vintage Mac Untested Turns On For Parts
$299.99
Vintage Apple II 5.25 Floppy Disk Lot Broderbund Print Shop Egghead Rainbow Case
$39.99
Vintage NOS Apple iBook Two Sided Cloth Banner Think Different
$99.99
Apple cloth fabric banner iBook tangerine orange New Old Stock Vintage
$99.00