-
ndiswrapper: *.inf not recognised ...
I am running Knoppix 3.6 on a Dell latitude and am trying to get wireless networking running with either one of two cards:
A DLink DWL-650+ and/or an EDIMAX EW-7106PC
Neither of these cards was recognised by Knoppix so I decided to try with NDISwrapper. For this I did the following ...
1. I unzipped the windows drivers to a mounted drive
2. I started NDISWrapper and located/selected the *.inf files
3. I got the following error message ...
ERROR: The selected file is no *.inf file or the *.inf file is invalid, exiting.
... for both of the adaptors.
Can anyone help me with this? Is the message normal? Or should I be handling the files differenctly in some way? Or are both these adaptors not supported?
Any tips or pointers to good 'HOWTOs' would be very gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Alan Searle.
Similar Threads
-
By sterickson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
-
By Kaishain in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
-
By cjheeney in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 12:44 AM
-
By Naomi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 05:00 PM
-
By wfb in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 06:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10gbase-SR transceiver SFP+ (XVR-00001-02)
$9.00

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

Mellanox 655874-B21 655902-001 QSFP to SFP+ Adapter Kit MAM1Q00A-QSA 00D9678
$13.99

Arista SFP-10G-SR 10GBASE-SR XVR-10001-20 850nm SFP+ Optical Transceiver
$30.00

SFP QSFP Transceivers Programmer allows to corning and (re)programming sfp code
$108.09