-
ndiswrapper: *.inf not recognised ...
I am running Knoppix 3.6 on a Dell latitude and am trying to get wireless networking running with either one of two cards:
A DLink DWL-650+ and/or an EDIMAX EW-7106PC
Neither of these cards was recognised by Knoppix so I decided to try with NDISwrapper. For this I did the following ...
1. I unzipped the windows drivers to a mounted drive
2. I started NDISWrapper and located/selected the *.inf files
3. I got the following error message ...
ERROR: The selected file is no *.inf file or the *.inf file is invalid, exiting.
... for both of the adaptors.
Can anyone help me with this? Is the message normal? Or should I be handling the files differenctly in some way? Or are both these adaptors not supported?
Any tips or pointers to good 'HOWTOs' would be very gratefully received.
Many thanks,
Alan Searle.
-
Senior Member
registered user
this has mainly only happen to me when the .inf files are .INF files for some reason ndiswrapper dont like that.
other then that could be the wrong drivers.
-
try doing it by a console.
you know.
Code:
ndiswrapper -i /path/to/driver.inf
remember to reboot
(That is be root)
I\ve had the same issue, a couple of times with my usb flash.
good luck
Similar Threads
-
By sterickson in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-05-2006, 09:53 PM
-
By Kaishain in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-04-2006, 11:16 AM
-
By cjheeney in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-25-2005, 12:44 AM
-
By Naomi in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 05:00 PM
-
By wfb in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2003, 06:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$140.00

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40

Supermicro 4U 32x 3.5 Bays 4-Nodes | 8x E5-2660 v3 2.6Ghz | 64gb RAM | 9207-8i
$699.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Server 2x Gold 6126 12C 32GB 2x 480GB SSD H330
$1759.00

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Empty Chassis XJ6VP
$149.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 256GB DDR3 RAM NO HDD
$349.99