solved my own problem using knoppix nodma
thnaks for the opportunity to ask for help anyway, I'll probably be back for more later
have fun
hi
I'm trying to instal knoppix from a CD
It boots fine but when it gets to setting up the hard drives the system locks
The last displayed item is
Scanning for harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab then after a few minutes the CD stops spinning and nothing
And ideas please help.
I have 2 hdd and 1 CDRW in the machine. ( 2x quantum fireball 4.3GB) different models.
early on in boot they have dma accelerated on hda hdb and hdc then knoppix starts to install from /dev/scd0
I have tried an other debian boot CD and this seems to work fine and I can partition hd manually.
thanks in advance
Steven javascript:emoticon('')
![]()
![]()
solved my own problem using knoppix nodma
thnaks for the opportunity to ask for help anyway, I'll probably be back for more later
have fun

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX LGA 1700 Intel Z790 ATX Motherboard with DDR5
$189.99
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield
$84.99
ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
MSI B550M PRO-VDH Micro-ATX Motherboard - AMD AM4, Ryzen 5000/4000/3000 Ready, P
$71.49
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90
ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00
MSI B460M PRO-VDH WIFI LGA1200 Micro ATX Motherboard
$94.99