Quote Originally Posted by A.O.Q.
I am new to Knoppix but I always hated windows/internet explorer/microsoft and any of the other shit programs that came with computers. I want to install Knoppix on my hardrive and not use windows at all. I read one of the other threads about installing Knoppix but I have some hesitations about my computer skills. Who else on here has done this? Or is there another derivative of linux that is relatively easy to learn and use that i could/should try? Also I only have 64 mb of ram and programs run rather slow. Would speed increase if Knoppix was installed instead of running off the disc? Anyone, anyone, anyone...
128MB would be nicer, but since you don't have it stay away from the bigger static binaries.
I would think the "Klik" cmg files would run fast enough on your setup since they are in sort of like running an iso loop back.
You probably want to use ICEWM or Enlightenment, or one of the other light desktops.