Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: 19" Sony Triniton Refresh frequency

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3

    19" Sony Triniton Refresh frequency

    When I boot Knoppix 3.2 from CDROM, I believe that it sets the refresh frequency of my 19" Sony Triniton to be lower than what Windows 2000 does, since it flickers...

    How can I modify the refresh frequency. I have tried to use the KDA X configuration tool but it asks me for the root pasword, and the FAQ states that there is none...

    Thanks,

    Tim

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Royal Oak, Michigan USA
    Posts
    199

    Re: 19" Sony Triniton Refresh frequency

    Quote Originally Posted by foobar
    When I boot Knoppix 3.2 from CDROM ...it flickers...
    The video card affects this more than the monitor. What card do you have?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3

    Video card details...

    The video card is a 16MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra.

    Thanks,

    Tim

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    298

    Re: 19" Sony Triniton Refresh frequency

    Quote Originally Posted by foobar
    When I boot Knoppix 3.2 from CDROM, I believe that it sets the refresh frequency of my 19" Sony Triniton to be lower than what Windows 2000 does, since it flickers...
    I'm getting used to pasting this here:
    CheatCodes, RTFM

    Try "knoppix xvrefresh=80" if you want 80Hz refresh.

    How can I modify the refresh frequency. I have tried to use the KDA X configuration tool but it asks me for the root pasword, and the FAQ states that there is none...
    If you want to use KDE X config, open a terminal and enter "sudo passwd". Follow the instructions and you have a root password

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    3

    ATI driver and not VESA

    Thanks Henk.

    I did read the general FAQ, but obviously no in enough detail.

    The cheatcodes help a lot, and in the end it seems that the frequency was ok, the problem was that the X server selects a VESA driver and not an ATI. Using xmodule=ati the screen does not flicker.

    Many thanks.

    Tim

Similar Threads

  1. Set desktop refreshing frequency
    By Mr.Jack in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-13-2005, 11:00 AM
  2. Frequency Overrange
    By Crystlnova in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 10:30 PM
  3. operating frequency out of range
    By mppdrake in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-28-2004, 12:11 PM
  4. Out of frequency range
    By cbc_B in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2004, 06:37 PM
  5. Frequency problem!
    By knoppers in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 05:12 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile picture

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile

$35.00



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03 picture

(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03

$99.95



20 X  New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack picture

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack

$299.00



New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US picture

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US

$17.00