The video card affects this more than the monitor. What card do you have?Originally Posted by foobar
When I boot Knoppix 3.2 from CDROM, I believe that it sets the refresh frequency of my 19" Sony Triniton to be lower than what Windows 2000 does, since it flickers...
How can I modify the refresh frequency. I have tried to use the KDA X configuration tool but it asks me for the root pasword, and the FAQ states that there is none...
Thanks,
Tim
The video card affects this more than the monitor. What card do you have?Originally Posted by foobar
The video card is a 16MB ATI Rage 128 Ultra.
Thanks,
Tim
I'm getting used to pasting this here:Originally Posted by foobar
CheatCodes, RTFM
Try "knoppix xvrefresh=80" if you want 80Hz refresh.
If you want to use KDE X config, open a terminal and enter "sudo passwd". Follow the instructions and you have a root passwordHow can I modify the refresh frequency. I have tried to use the KDA X configuration tool but it asks me for the root pasword, and the FAQ states that there is none...![]()
Thanks Henk.
I did read the general FAQ, but obviously no in enough detail.
The cheatcodes help a lot, and in the end it seems that the frequency was ok, the problem was that the X server selects a VESA driver and not an ATI. Using xmodule=ati the screen does not flicker.
Many thanks.
Tim![]()

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30
Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69
Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00
BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$739.99
Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99
LSI 9260-8i 512MB SAS SATA 8-port PCI-E 6Gb RAID Controller Card US
$29.88
9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50
OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99
1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99
EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99