Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: apt get f=prot

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7

    apt get f=prot

    apologises if this has already been asked but ...

    I am in the middle of remastering my first knoppix 3.6 iso and have removed open office to give me some space, the first package I would like to install is F-prot but I cannot find it on the install list (apt-cache search .* | sort | less ). SO how do I install F-prot ?

    I know it can be installed when knoppix is running but an internet connection is needed.

    I have tried reading some documentation but it appears the document seciton of this web site is down (

    Thanks inadvance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    I would like to install is F-prot but I cannot find it on the install list (apt-cache search .* | sort | less ). SO how do I install F-prot ?
    F-prot is not Free or Open Source Software and there is no Debian binary of f-prot. There is a contributed/not supported f-prot installer for Debian here http://packages.debian.org/unstable/...prot-installer. Fabian Franz wrote the Knoppix-Live Installer script that allows you to download and install the f-prot files. The script is /usr/sbin/knx-live-inst.sh and it uses the configs & install script located at /usr/share/knx-live-inst/modules/f-prot/.
    I hope this helps.
    James

Similar Threads

  1. f-prot installation
    By jjbergdolt in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-08-2005, 06:11 PM
  2. cannot install f-prot with klik
    By jMon54 in forum Klik
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 07:18 PM
  3. F-Prot (Antivirus)
    By probono in forum Klik
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 12:36 PM
  4. F-Prot
    By Sgeo in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-23-2004, 12:00 PM
  5. f-prot remaster
    By apex_predator in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 06:26 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive picture

Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive

$5.99



KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit picture

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit

$19.99



KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED picture

KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED

$11.99



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick

$20.85



Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6

Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick

$21.42



VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION) picture

VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)

$7.57



Knoppix NSM 1.2 picture

Knoppix NSM 1.2

$8.00



Hamshack Live DVD-ROM picture

Hamshack Live DVD-ROM

$7.00



Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006 picture

Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006

$33.59