solved my own problem using knoppix nodma
thnaks for the opportunity to ask for help anyway, I'll probably be back for more later
have fun
hi
I'm trying to instal knoppix from a CD
It boots fine but when it gets to setting up the hard drives the system locks
The last displayed item is
Scanning for harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab then after a few minutes the CD stops spinning and nothing
And ideas please help.
I have 2 hdd and 1 CDRW in the machine. ( 2x quantum fireball 4.3GB) different models.
early on in boot they have dma accelerated on hda hdb and hdc then knoppix starts to install from /dev/scd0
I have tried an other debian boot CD and this seems to work fine and I can partition hd manually.
thanks in advance
Steven javascript:emoticon('')
![]()
![]()
solved my own problem using knoppix nodma
thnaks for the opportunity to ask for help anyway, I'll probably be back for more later
have fun

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00
Vintage RARE Gigabyte GA-5AA Socket 7 Motherboard AMD K6-2 400mhz BOOTS TO BIOS
$224.99
Aureal Vortex 2 AU8830A2 BA88ST30A-01 PCI Sound Card Vintage Untested
$44.85
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00