solved my own problem using knoppix nodma
thnaks for the opportunity to ask for help anyway, I'll probably be back for more later
have fun
hi
I'm trying to instal knoppix from a CD
It boots fine but when it gets to setting up the hard drives the system locks
The last displayed item is
Scanning for harddisk partitions and creating /etc/fstab then after a few minutes the CD stops spinning and nothing
And ideas please help.
I have 2 hdd and 1 CDRW in the machine. ( 2x quantum fireball 4.3GB) different models.
early on in boot they have dma accelerated on hda hdb and hdc then knoppix starts to install from /dev/scd0
I have tried an other debian boot CD and this seems to work fine and I can partition hd manually.
thanks in advance
Steven javascript:emoticon('')
![]()
![]()
solved my own problem using knoppix nodma
thnaks for the opportunity to ask for help anyway, I'll probably be back for more later
have fun

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99
Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99
Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00
Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00