Try
sudo mount /dev/uba1 /mnt/test
I have a problem.
I have an external usb disk and when I boot Knoppix there is no usb disk icon on desktop.
Can anyone help me in mounting it?
Try
sudo mount /dev/uba1 /mnt/test
First, I was able to access my usb drives only on kernel 2.4.7. After boot no USB storage devices are visible.
sudo fdisk -l
displays only my HDD even if I have some USB disks plugged in.
If sudo fdisk -l is able to find some partitionson on /dev/sda or /dev/sdb, you probably do not need this. If not, try
sudo insmod ehci-hcd
After this fdisk actually can see partitions and I can just mount them normally.
Funny thing is that there seems to be some kind of daemon that creates mount points for usb drives plugged in (like /mnt/sda1, mnt/sdb1, and so on). But it does not mount them. So, to mount your drive you can just
sudo mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/sda1. mount /mnt/sda1 might work too - I have not tried.
Hope that helps.
Ok, I will try this few comands. But, since I'm new in linux, I don't know exactly where to write these commands in. Can you give me just a tip?Originally Posted by nick666
Regard thisOriginally Posted by Neno
, I figured out where to write it. But one main problem still remains: the name of my usb device, since with sda1 or sdb don't work. How and where could I get this information?
Did you try
sudo mount /dev/uba1 /mnt/test
Note the device name of uba1
I'm assuming this is an external IDE disk connected via USB...
There is no /dev/uba1
How can I mount it?
True!! There is no uba1. I don't know what to do. Where can I find informations of devices names?Originally Posted by georgmaass
Originally Posted by Neno
Get root access
# su -
Try to load usb-storage driver
# modprobe usb-storage
Make sure it's loaded
# lsmod |grep usb
Look for sda, sdb, etc. in tail of dmesg output
# dmesg
If nothing similar appears I don't know further. If successfull, try fdisk -l /dev/sda (sdb, etc) or mount /dev/sda as recommended before.
I hope it helps
With Kernel 2.4 the stick appears as sda with no partitions. WIth Kernel 2.6 it appears as uda.
The usb hard disk does not appear at all. Also Windows does not mount it does it try to format it. So I don't know how to use it.

One Of A Kind Homemade Vintage Mainframe Computer, Logic Module Wood Bookends
$149.00
Vintage Intel Mainframe Server MCM CPU Substrate Lot Prototyping PGA Validation
$500.00
VINTAGE Artecon LX-1558FN HDD EOD SubSystem Mainframe POWERS ON RARE
$299.99
MCSI IND-486DX Industrial ISA SBC PC/104 Motherboard NOS Untested No CPU RAM
$189.99
Vintage Japanese Katakana Double Shot Sperry Univac UTS 4000 Keyboard 1981
$199.99
Vintage Sperry Rand Univac Mainframe Control Board Gold IC Rare Piece Of History
$279.95
Rare Vintage Mainframe Burroughs Discrete-Transistor Cordwood Module B2500 B5000
$94.95
3x Various Brands 10.5", 8.5" & 7" Mainframe 9-Track Reel Computer Data Tape .5"
$34.99
HP 13210-60001 Disc Drive Interface PCB HP 7900A 7901A Vintage
$157.93
SOYO SY25 R-Vesa Socket 3 Motherboard SiS Chipset Mainframe
$73.99