-
Trouble with booting
Hi,
I am trying to run knoppix 3.7 from an image copied to /dev/hdb1/knoppix.
In that folder, I have knoppix (the 700mb loopfile), and also knoppix.iso.
Now, booting using
knoppix bootfrom=/dev/hdb1/knoppix/*.iso
works just fine.
However:
knoppix26 bootfrom=/dev/hdb1/knoppix/*.iso
does not work (it says it can't mount /dev/hdb1).
I also tried
knoppix26 bootfrom=/dev/hdb1/
but that doesn't work either. Anybody got any clues?
Thanks,
Laurens
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Trouble with booting
Might kernel 2.6 be ordering your drives/controllers differently? Do you have sata and ide controllers perhaps? Maybe you need to use /dev/hdf1 for kernel 2.6? Just a guess. Also are you booting from the cd, I presume so?
-
Well, later on it CAN load my profile from /dev/hdb1. No sata controllers, no additional IDE controllers. Yes, I am booting from cd, and try to use the image so it boots faster.
I used google, and it said 2.4 uses bootfrom differently than 2.6, but I can't get any method to work with kernel 2.6.
Similar Threads
-
By achtunga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-27-2005, 10:32 PM
-
By njmetalmeister in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-04-2004, 11:26 PM
-
By Polo2883 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-24-2004, 12:01 AM
-
By hpljs1200 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-04-2004, 08:41 PM
-
By joinf in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-02-2003, 10:25 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$259.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Fanxiang 256GB 512GB 1TB 2TB 4TB SSD Lot 2.5'' SATA Internal Solid State Drive
$42.99

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00

Netac 256GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/Latop
$40.00