Try enabling the sound system in the control center.
Hi,
I instsalled knoppix 3.3 from my new computer to my old hard disk and now the display and sound both dont work when I use my old hdd on the old comp.
The display I was able to fix by changing the XFree86config file but the sound just wont work.
Is ther any way I can tell the Knoppix system to "re-do" the hardware detection so that my video and sound cards can be configured.
Btw, I tried snconfig mut it crashes with a segmentaion fault.. Also my hardware was recognizable on the old comp when i do a cd boot.
Hoping for some help,
Anant
Try enabling the sound system in the control center.

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$145.00
pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN
$184.99
OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN
$258.00
SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED
$999.99
Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F P24286-03-13 Network Firewall Security Appliance
$155.75
Firewalla Gold Pro - 10 Gbps Cyber Security Firewall
$680.00
Firewalla Gold Pro 10GbE Firewall Router with Rack Mount Ears and USB Key
$829.99
Palo Alto PA-220 Next-Gen Firewall 520-000309-00J
$40.00
Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00
Cisco Meraki MX67-HW Security Appliance Firewall NEW Unused Unclaimed
$202.50