Try enabling the sound system in the control center.
Hi,
I instsalled knoppix 3.3 from my new computer to my old hard disk and now the display and sound both dont work when I use my old hdd on the old comp.
The display I was able to fix by changing the XFree86config file but the sound just wont work.
Is ther any way I can tell the Knoppix system to "re-do" the hardware detection so that my video and sound cards can be configured.
Btw, I tried snconfig mut it crashes with a segmentaion fault.. Also my hardware was recognizable on the old comp when i do a cd boot.
Hoping for some help,
Anant
Try enabling the sound system in the control center.

Compaq Contura 430cx Vintage Laptop 9.5" Intel 486DX2 50MHz Windows 95 Working
$150.00
Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS
$325.99
Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra
$120.00
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
Vintage Amdahl Computer Chip Lucite Paperweight Air Cooled Logic Chip
$89.00
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
VINTAGE AOPEN MODEL SPI-200 200W AT POWER SUPPLY WITH SWITCH DS-PS-8
$34.95
VINTAGE ESS ES1868 16 BIT ISA SOUND CARD COMPAQ 247428-001 - USA SELLER RM2-SC
$24.95
Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.
$135.37
Sealed Vintage Intel Pro/1000 Network Adapters Drivers CD Ver 3.1 Vintage PC NEW
$39.61