-
Senior Member
registered user
CrashedAgain
*** The only thing I can think of, about your no-sound-from-cdrom issue, is, is the audio cable connected from that cdrom to your sound card, or not? XMMS can read from the "data" cable, and does read from the audio cable. I had it working back when I was running Knoppix v3.4, I had two cdrom devices, and only one had the audio cable, but XMMS could play both devices. Another thought is, make sure all of your volume controls are working; you'll have one in the mixer, and one in your player; check that your player isnt going around your mixer, and that when you change your volume in the player, your mixer changes as well... My best guesses here...
RGarden
*** You can not view an audio cd, you can only play it... An audio cd is not formatted in ISO9660 format, and thus, you can not mount it. I havent tried this yet, but, I think if you have an audio cd with mixed text or data, is a hybrid format, and you might be able to mount and view that, but, I am not sure of this. If you put a data cd in your cdrom, you should be able to mount that perfectly though. As it stands right now, Linux can read data cd's, and only audio cd players can read audio cd's -=- this is the last thing I have heard, it may have changed with the newer versions of Knoppix / Debian / Linux, but, I dont think so...
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By tearinghairout in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-05-2006, 05:47 PM
-
By bashhelp in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-10-2005, 12:40 PM
-
By waellinux in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-18-2005, 05:36 AM
-
By roland in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2004, 09:01 PM
-
By Blue in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-17-2003, 05:30 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$349.48

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1746.47

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A
$100.00

Microsoft Surface Laptop Studio 14.4''(1TB SSD Intel Core i7-11370H 3.3GHz 32GB)
$540.00