-
Junior Member
registered user
How do I boot the 2.6 kernel from the 3.6 Live distro CD??!!
Happy New Year all!
I have dabbled with Linux for a few hours at most in the past, but I've now decided to get stuck into it. What with Windows being, er, not that fabulous. Anyway.... I got the Knoppix 3.6 Live CD distro and it always boots into the 2.4.x kernel. I'd like to know if it's possible to boot with the 2.6 Kernel on this distro, and how you do it. I want to do this because I've heard that there are some issues with my wireless card under the 2.4 kernel, and other posts say that they've had more success with the 2.6 version. So how do i boot the 2.6 kernel from the boot screen the CD gives me? Eventually, once i see it all works, I'll install Knoppix onto my Hard drive proper. Can't you tell I'm a n00b, it's probably dead simple....
Thanks in advance.
Similar Threads
-
By bread in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 02:34 AM
-
By rookworm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-09-2005, 11:37 AM
-
By fwheeler_1 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 10-17-2005, 07:27 PM
-
Replies: 10
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 11:02 PM
-
By silian87 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:46 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99