Do you really need to login as root? You can add your user account to the '/etc/sudoers'-file and use 'su programname' (for text mode) or 'kdesu programnname' (for graphics mode) to start programs as root.
There is a reason why this was changed ...
I tried another Knoppix 3.7 install and one of the things that bothers me is that I can't log into KDE as root, a feature I really liked in 3.7 Professional (PC-WELT)
Is their a way to enable it? When I try now it tells me root logins are not allowed.
Thanks!
-Jameson
Do you really need to login as root? You can add your user account to the '/etc/sudoers'-file and use 'su programname' (for text mode) or 'kdesu programnname' (for graphics mode) to start programs as root.
There is a reason why this was changed ...
Have you checked file:/etc/kde3/kdm/kdmrc? I don't have 3.7 so can't check if this is where the setting is but might be the place.

Vintage Digital VR241-A color CRT monitor, powers on, DEC Rainbow or terminal
$150.00
Vintage DEC Digital T1043 DWMBB/B VAXBI XMI Adapter 5018232-01 C1 VAX Board
$119.99
Vintage DEC Digital XMI-A1 5017293-01A1 LWPR BE3-0 VAX Circuit Board T2012
$74.99
Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99
Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99
Vintage DEC Digital Equipment DELNI 8-Port Ethernet Local Network Hub VAXstation
$79.95
DEC T2053-DE MS65A-DA 128MB VAX 6000 Memory Board Gold Scrap Vintage
$79.99
Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99
Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99
Vintage DEC Digital VSXXX-AA.B03 Hawley 3-Button Mouse 1986 Tested Working
$111.00