I have install Knoppix3.7 to hard disk ,but the default GUI is KDE, I want to change it to xfce, how I can do it?
I have install Knoppix3.7 to hard disk ,but the default GUI is KDE, I want to change it to xfce, how I can do it?
Logout of KDE and return to the kdm login manager.
The dropdown on the lower right corner of the login manager dialog displays several options for logging in.
KDE
Console
FaileSave
...any other desktops installed...
If you don't see ICE then install it.
Same with GNOME, etc...
link is invalid:
"Not Found
The requested URL /howtos/XFCE4_ROX_Desktop_Howto.html was not found on this server.
Apache/1.3.33 Server at 69.170.105.247 Port 8080"
Originally Posted by Markus
Edit /etc/apt/sources.list add these lines:
deb http://www.os-cillation.de/debian binary/
deb-src http://www.os-cillation.de/debian source/
open konsole:
su
apt-get update
apt-get install -t testing xfce4
apt-get install -t testing xfld-desktop
Done.
If you didn't get any Session for Xfce4 in KDM or GDM, do as follows:
Open /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions folder and copy kde.desktop and rename to xfce4.desktop.
Edit that xfce4.desktop:
When done,......copy this file to : /usr/share/apps/kdm/sessions;/etc/dm/Sessions/ and /usr/share/xsessions.Code:[Desktop Entry] Encoding=UTF-8 # The names/descriptions should really be better Name=Xfce4 Session Name[fr]=Session Xfce 4 Name[he]=Xfce 4 Name[ko]=Xfce 4 세션 Name[nl]=Xfce 4 Sessie Name[zh_TW]=Xfce 4 工作階段 Comment=Use this session to run Xfce4 as your desktop environment Comment[fr]=Sélectionner cette session pour utiliser Xfce comme environnment graphique Comment[he]=השתמש בזה כד×(tm) להפע×(tm)ל ×�ת Xfce כשולחן העובדה שלך Comment[ko]=사용ìž� ë�°ìФí�¬íƒ‘ í(tm)˜ê²½ìœ¼ë¡œ Xfce를 ì�´ìš©í•©ë‹ˆë‹¤. Comment[nl]=Deze optie start de Xfce 4 Desktop Environment Comment[zh_TW]=使用é€(tm)個工作階段載入 Xfce 4 作為您的桌é�¢ç’°å¢ƒ Exec=startxfce4 Icon= Type=Application
Now you should have Xfce4 in your Kdm or Gdm.
![]()
An updated sources list:
deb http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/xfce4/4.0.2 ./
deb-src http://people.debian.org/~madkiss/xfce4/4.0.2 ./
![]()
![]()

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core i5-12400 Processor SRL4V
$115.00
(LOT OF 20) Intel Core i5-8400 CPU 2.80GHz Desktop Processor (SR3QT)
$700.00
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99
Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99
Intel Core i7-7700 3.6 GHz 8 GT/s LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SR338
$39.99
Intel Core i7-6950X Extreme Edition 3.0GHz Processor SR2PA LGA2011 10 Core CPU
$162.95