I hope somebody can help me. I am very new to Linux and am trying to sort out an ftp server.
I used apt-get install proftpd to install proftpd and it all seems to have installed fine.
The problem I am having is that I can't seem to login to my Linux box from a windows machine using a web browser.
It just tells me that I can not access the folder or have permissions to do so and then that the server name or address can not be resolved.
Thanks

Vintage 1993 AMIBIOS 486DX American Megatrends PC Computer Works
$379.00
LOT of 4 Intel/AMD R80188 80188 R80186 80186 vintage CPU GOLD/Ceramic
$59.99
Sanyo DM 5012CM Solid State Data Display Monitor Working Vintage 1980s 80s
$169.99
Dell Inspiron E1505 Vintage Laptop – Windows XP – Working
$50.00
Sanrio Hello Kitty Computer Mouse USB Vintage Rare Liquid Aquarium, Works
$65.00
Microsoft Visual C++ 1.5 Big Box - All Original Contents - CIB Vintage
$278.99
NEC PC-9801 Vintage Japanese Keyboard PC-98 JIS Retro Computer 8-Pin
$229.99
Vintage 80s Ibm Compatible PC TECH computer Tower W/ Turbo See Video Powers Up
$199.00
Vintage Core CL9 Master Universal Remote Control Steve Wozniak (Apple) READ
$988.88
Dell Inspiron 8100 Vintage 1GHz 512MB GeForce2 Win 98SE Serial Parallel CDRW+FDD
$160.00