-
Senior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.6 - 3.7 Questions
Hi;
I have Knoppix 3.6 and I am thinking about reinstalling with 3.7.
Knoppix 3.6 has the kde 3.3.1 which has bug such that the kdm does not present a menu of the alternate desktops/window managers. That and some things are missing from the control center.
I also noticed that the sound on my haugepauge card did not get set up.
Are these issues resolved with a newer version of the KDE in Knoppix 3.7?
I just thought I would look before I consider doing the work of upgrading.
Thanks
Steve
-
Steve,
Can you let us know which Hauppauge card you have? That might make it easier to answer the question
When you say sound isn't setup on it - since they mainly make TV Capture cards I assume you're saying that the sound capture isn't working? Have you tried the Alsa "cheatcode" to see if that helps?
FWIW,
Ewan
---
Yes, I have a blog. Deal with it
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
ewangr
Steve,
Can you let us know which Hauppauge card you have? That might make it easier to answer the question
Well, one of the other bugs I mentioned is that the KDE control center will not tell you what your devices have so I ran a "lspci -vv" to get this form TV/Radio card. I get visual on the tv card, but no sound. I can play music CDs fine.
02:02.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV Series
Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
Status: Cap+ 66Mhz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
Latency: 32 (4000ns min, 10000ns max)
Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
Region 0: Memory at f47fe000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
Have you tried the Alsa "cheatcode" to see if that helps?
Knoppix is installed on my hard drive so I don't think I can do much with cheatcodes, but thanks for the idea.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Well, I resolved the haugpauge card issue.
Is there a way to resovle the KDE 3.31 foobar short of downloading 70 megs of kde upgrade ( I'm on dial up)
Similar Threads
-
By tworiversfolk in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-30-2006, 08:54 PM
-
By quicksilver1024 in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:50 AM
-
By adrianmak in forum General Support
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-06-2004, 07:07 PM
-
By Jorah in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-04-2003, 05:37 AM
-
By NickT in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:21 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

Novell SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux Professional 8.2 / 9.1 — 3 DVD Set
$58.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$125.00

RED HAT ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 SERVER RHF0382US-R1 for PC x86 AMD 64 INTEL 64 30 Day
$188.24

ESET Server Security (File Security) | Variant Item | Download Version
$215.25

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU
$649.00

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00