Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Knoppix 3.6 - 3.7 Questions

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149

    Knoppix 3.6 - 3.7 Questions

    Hi;

    I have Knoppix 3.6 and I am thinking about reinstalling with 3.7.

    Knoppix 3.6 has the kde 3.3.1 which has bug such that the kdm does not present a menu of the alternate desktops/window managers. That and some things are missing from the control center.

    I also noticed that the sound on my haugepauge card did not get set up.

    Are these issues resolved with a newer version of the KDE in Knoppix 3.7?

    I just thought I would look before I consider doing the work of upgrading.

    Thanks

    Steve

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    San Antonio, TX
    Posts
    61
    Steve,
    Can you let us know which Hauppauge card you have? That might make it easier to answer the question

    When you say sound isn't setup on it - since they mainly make TV Capture cards I assume you're saying that the sound capture isn't working? Have you tried the Alsa "cheatcode" to see if that helps?

    FWIW,
    Ewan

    ---

    Yes, I have a blog. Deal with it

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by ewangr
    Steve,
    Can you let us know which Hauppauge card you have? That might make it easier to answer the question
    Well, one of the other bugs I mentioned is that the KDE control center will not tell you what your devices have so I ran a "lspci -vv" to get this form TV/Radio card. I get visual on the tv card, but no sound. I can play music CDs fine.

    02:02.0 Multimedia video controller: Brooktree Corporation Bt878 Video Capture (rev 11)
    Subsystem: Hauppauge computer works Inc. WinTV Series
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
    Status: Cap+ 66Mhz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR-
    Latency: 32 (4000ns min, 10000ns max)
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 9
    Region 0: Memory at f47fe000 (32-bit, prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: <available only to root>


    Have you tried the Alsa "cheatcode" to see if that helps?
    Knoppix is installed on my hard drive so I don't think I can do much with cheatcodes, but thanks for the idea.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    149
    Well, I resolved the haugpauge card issue.

    Is there a way to resovle the KDE 3.31 foobar short of downloading 70 megs of kde upgrade ( I'm on dial up)

Similar Threads

  1. some questions about knoppix 4.0.2 DVD
    By tworiversfolk in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-30-2006, 08:54 PM
  2. New to Knoppix...have some questions
    By quicksilver1024 in forum General Support
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-18-2005, 09:50 AM
  3. some questions on using knoppix
    By adrianmak in forum General Support
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-06-2004, 07:07 PM
  4. New to Knoppix some questions
    By Jorah in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 05:37 AM
  5. Knoppix questions
    By NickT in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-21-2003, 12:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD picture

SK Hynix 1TB PC801 M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4x4 2280 SSD

$100.00



Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$99.99



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99