Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Problems with KPPP/Dial-up

  1. #1

    Problems with KPPP/Dial-up

    So I am trying to connect to a dial-up service provider with KPPP. I manually set up a new connection, and in the device tab I select /dev/ttyS0. I go to the modem tab, and "query modem". the query modem results show a table with several text boxes labeled ATI, ATI 1, AT 2, et, which are all blank (and so i'm wondering if this is indicative an error). I exit the config dialogues, and enter username/password for my new connection. "Modem Ready". Then, "Initializing Modem".....and this is where it hangs indefinitely . Why isn't my KPPP dialer able to progress pass this point?? HAPPY NEW YEAR!

  2. #2

    KPPP problem

    I had the same problem.
    Then I'm using WvDial to connect to my isp.
    To configure it have a llok at /usr/share/doc/wvdial

    Whish you all the best !!!

  3. #3
    Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, wvdialconf won't detect my modem. My modem works fine with Win XP...why can't I get it to work on Knoppix?

    So I learned that my modem is on COM3, which corresponds to ttyS2. Using KPPP Dialer to either dial my provider number or simply query modem, I get a "Modem is busy" response. Any thoughts?

  4. #4

    KPPP problem

    Your modem will be a winmodm.I'm also using winmodem Intel 537 in knoppix.
    I installedd knoppix into Hard and compiled and installed drivers from www.linmodems.org.
    My modem is also in COM3 in windows .
    Now it is linked in to /dev/ham <- /dev/ttyS3 ..etc

    Try at www.linmodem.org.

    Can you give me the opuput of scanmodem program ??

Similar Threads

  1. kppp problem
    By el.cubano in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-27-2004, 12:29 PM
  2. KPPP won't work
    By xolstis in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2003, 01:37 PM
  3. Kppp -kde
    By kc1di in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-18-2003, 09:24 PM
  4. problems with ppp and kppp
    By apax in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2003, 10:08 AM
  5. Kppp will initialize Modem, Dial, but then disconnect
    By mgpope in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-16-2003, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU picture

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU

$11.00



Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS picture

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS

$239.99



Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA picture

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA

$350.48



Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram  2x 550W PSU No HDD picture

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD

$275.00



Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS picture

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS

$179.98



Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS picture

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS

$84.49



Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz  8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER  picture

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER

$94.94



DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid picture

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid

$139.99



Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor   picture

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor

$50.00



Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM

$699.00