-
Senior Member
registered user
modify boot screen?
Hello.....I have installed KNOPPIX on my laptop sharing the HDD with Winxp. When computer boots, the boot screen is a bit rough looking. Is there any way to improve the contrast? The white background is not my favorite. Also is there any way to decrease the size of the screen so it may increase the resolution? I have seen in the past, ways to change boot screen but I would need a little help with that......thanks...bob58
-
Senior Member
registered user
make a boot screen
Hello....I did find a directory, /usr/share/lilo that had a few boot screens in them. I found a nice one with black background with much better contrast than the original one. So I replaced the old file with the new one, "sarge.bmp" in LILO.CONF.
But I am wondering if it is possible to make my own custom boot screen. I realize it must be a ".bmp" file but I am not sure of the dimensions where the menu choices go and the timer. Does anyone have any experience to share making bootscreens? thanks....bob58
-
Senior Member
registered user
Never done it, but there are some details here
-
Senior Member
registered user
"Roll your own" is what Linux is all about, right? 
See the specifications in your online documentation:
$ man lilo.conf
Basically it's 640x480, 16-bit color for VGA, 256 for VESA. Plus you can specify the colors for the menu text: foreground, background, and shadow, both regular and highlighted.
Enjoy!
-- Ed
Similar Threads
-
By PTMuplink in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-08-2005, 11:37 PM
-
By gtg in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-31-2004, 01:52 PM
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-04-2003, 06:40 AM
-
By zoolander in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 12:24 PM
-
By Jmack0013 in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-18-2003, 04:57 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lot 4 Samsung 64gb PC4-25600 2Rx4 DDR4-3200AA ECC RDIMM Reg Server Memory RAM
$3199.00

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99

16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR4 Gamer Desktop RAM PC4 MIXED BRANDS
$65.00

Kingston 16GB DDR4 3200MHz PC4-3200AA-SA2-12 Laptop RAM SODIMM (HP32D4S2S8ME-16)
$64.99

RAM G. SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB 2x16GB DDR4 3200 CL16 F43200C16Q64GVK Matched
$149.99

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz Memory DIMM Tested Excellent Condition
$155.00
![[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc. picture](/store/img/g/IKQAAeSwEK9qv9TG/s-l225/-BULK-LOT-OF-10-UNITS-of-8GB-DDR4-Laptop-RAM-SAMSU.jpg)
[ BULK LOT OF 10 ] UNITS of 8GB DDR4 Laptop RAM SAMSUNG, HYNIX etc.
$299.99

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00

Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00