i'm having some trouble installing knoppix 3.6 to my hard drive. This is a new system without an OS installed, this was my first system build, and my first attempt at using knoppix. I built the system and everything went well. I can boot knoppix from the CD but once i get in and hit "Ctrl+Alt+F1" i type one of 3 prompts to hopefully install it onto the hard drive. "knx2hd" "knoppix-installer" "ignore_check=1 sudo knoppix installer". none of them work. When i try any of them, and hit OK twice and select "Partition", i always get the same message. "Opened disk read only- you have no permisision to write". So i hit ENTER and the next message reads "Fatal Error: Cannot read disk drive press any key to exit cfdisk". I dont know the problem.

Incase its important, if i try to boot normally (without an OS) it reads "NTLDR is missing" and tells me to restart my computer. I dont know if this is substantial.

Please Help.