Hi,
Maybe you can try for your Dell SATA disk, boot:knoppix26 acpi=off.
It worked for me (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11824).
Good luck.
Happy New Year for everybody. Let the New Year brings you fun, not problems.
Please help newbie with a week experience.
My Knoppix v3.7 does not see hard drives. There is no icon on Desktop, cfdisk shows fatal error, when I want to format disk. May be I am doing something wrong![]()
Some details:
I have a brand new Dell PE SC420 box w/o OS, Adaptec onboard SATA controller. SATA-0 is WDC WD1600JD-75HB00 (160G) and SATA-1 is ST340014AS.
How can I check, is the hardware supported?
TIA
Hi,
Maybe you can try for your Dell SATA disk, boot:knoppix26 acpi=off.
It worked for me (http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11824).
Good luck.
Thank you, rolflist,
now it works.
PS. Why do you suggest acpi=off?
I have checked my fabric BIOS setting and did not find anything questionable.
Was at many posts, so I tried too.Originally Posted by NewGuy
ACPI delivers information about the battery, AC adapter, temperature, fan, and system events like “close lid” or “battery low”. So this will not work (mainly important for notebooks), see
http://www.novell.com/documentation/...l/ch09s03.html
ACPI should be supported in debian, so maybe it is a 'non-standard' BIOS.
Found this. Maybe it is related to an apic issue, so you could also try 'noapic acpi=on':
http://forums.us.dell.com/supportfor...d=335342#M4142
I remember: an installed Dell 8200 only worked with 'noapic' under Suse 8.
Yes, and that confused me when I googled acpi. That looks like a bug.Originally Posted by rolflist
Is any regular procedure to report problems like this, so the right people would be informed? Sorry for stupid question, but I am really new in all that stuff.

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$345.00
Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems
$295.00
​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested
$119.99
MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800
$189.95
Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI
$150.00
$675.00
MITS ALTAIR 680b Turnkey Computer
$2550.00
Computer Retrospective DDP-116 SEAC UNIVAC DEC PDP-8 Altair 8800 Cray-1 CDC 6600
$65.00
CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair
$29.99
ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute
$99.00