-
Feelings about Knoppix 3.7 (PC-WELT) and Knoppix 3.7
This is my opinion and I was wondering how others felt or noticed.
I had installed the PC-WELT edition a little while back and then installed the open version of 3.7 mainly becuase it had 2.6.9 kernel which had built-in touchpad support, but so far things have gone downhill. I've had far less sucess with many things, mainly ndiswrapper and you cannont even configure the touchpad in this edition, like tapping sensitivty. Also (and this may just be due to teh extra features) but boot time went from about the same as my XP install to close to 6 and a half minutes (on a 2.4ghz celeron). Another thing I've noticed is that the open edition has made it almost impossible to enable reading/writing of linux partitions even with a HD install. The biggest thing is that even after severl re-installs I just can't get apt-get to do anything. Thank god for Klik or I'd be a complete wreck (Thanks Probono!)
Since many of theese things are rather varaible and could be chalked up to my screwing up please don't take this as any type of flamebait. I love knoppix and am certainly not trying to discredit it, I'm really just curious if anyone else has had any problems with running 3.7.
-Jameson
Similar Threads
-
By Suicide Vampire in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 09:55 PM
-
By ohjo in forum German Forum
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 05:53 PM
-
By ohjo in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 03:11 AM
-
By Dredd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:16 PM
-
By Dutchguy in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SAMSUNG 64GB 2Rx4 PC4-3200AA-RB4-12-MH1 DDR4 ECC RDIMM M393A8G40BB4-CWECO
$650.00

SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98

Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$202.50

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SK hynix 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RA0-10 Server Memory Ram HMA42GR7MFR4N-TF
$57.99

SK hynix (4X 16GB) PC4-25600 (DDR4-2400) Memory (HMA82GR7AFR8N-XN) Tested
$400.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$288.19

x4 Intel 128GB NMB1XXD128GPS Optane Memory 200 Series PMEM Module 3200 DDR4 RAM
$329.99