Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Feelings about Knoppix 3.7 (PC-WELT) and Knoppix 3.7

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    78

    Feelings about Knoppix 3.7 (PC-WELT) and Knoppix 3.7

    This is my opinion and I was wondering how others felt or noticed.

    I had installed the PC-WELT edition a little while back and then installed the open version of 3.7 mainly becuase it had 2.6.9 kernel which had built-in touchpad support, but so far things have gone downhill. I've had far less sucess with many things, mainly ndiswrapper and you cannont even configure the touchpad in this edition, like tapping sensitivty. Also (and this may just be due to teh extra features) but boot time went from about the same as my XP install to close to 6 and a half minutes (on a 2.4ghz celeron). Another thing I've noticed is that the open edition has made it almost impossible to enable reading/writing of linux partitions even with a HD install. The biggest thing is that even after severl re-installs I just can't get apt-get to do anything. Thank god for Klik or I'd be a complete wreck (Thanks Probono!)

    Since many of theese things are rather varaible and could be chalked up to my screwing up please don't take this as any type of flamebait. I love knoppix and am certainly not trying to discredit it, I'm really just curious if anyone else has had any problems with running 3.7.

    -Jameson

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    15
    Hi Jameson,

    I went from PC-Welt 3.7 to the regular 3.7 a few weeks ago. The only real issue I had was that the appearance of fonts, esp. in Firefox and Mozilla , was degraded seriously. I fixed this by playing with font selections and using anti-aliasing. Other than this I have not noticed any problems. In particular, my wireless setup scripts, which use ndiswrapper, continued to work fine.

    sci_fi

Similar Threads

  1. PC-Welt-CD
    By Suicide Vampire in forum German Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-25-2004, 09:55 PM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 05:53 PM
  3. PC-Welt Knoppix-CD v3.7
    By ohjo in forum German Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 03:11 AM
  4. no mouse with Knoppix 3.6 and PC Welt Edt. 3.7
    By Dredd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:16 PM
  5. Knoppix 3.7: PC-Welt Special?
    By Dutchguy in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Suncom Computer Monitor Station Stand Rare, GOOD SHAPE picture

Vintage Suncom Computer Monitor Station Stand Rare, GOOD SHAPE

$99.99



Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New picture

Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New

$82.00



Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New picture

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New

$75.00



Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1 picture

Vintage Computer - PC Innovation Intel 486DX2 - Dos Ver 6.2 Windows 3.1

$250.00



Vintage IBM Media Access Pro Wired Keyboard w/ Detachable Wrist Rest NOS picture

Vintage IBM Media Access Pro Wired Keyboard w/ Detachable Wrist Rest NOS

$40.00



Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts picture

Vintage Computer Sun Ultra 1 UltraSpark Driven - Mystery condition as-is Parts

$49.78



Lotus 123 Series Training Expert and Advanced 1987 Vintage Intellisance Codex picture

Lotus 123 Series Training Expert and Advanced 1987 Vintage Intellisance Codex

$39.97



Vintage Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop Celeron 600MHz 20GB Floppy Drive *Windows Me picture

Vintage Compaq Presario 1200 Laptop Celeron 600MHz 20GB Floppy Drive *Windows Me

$140.00



Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25

Vintage Teac FD-505 5.25" 3.5" Combo Drive 19307571-00

$199.99



🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP picture

🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP

$299.99