-
Feelings about Knoppix 3.7 (PC-WELT) and Knoppix 3.7
This is my opinion and I was wondering how others felt or noticed.
I had installed the PC-WELT edition a little while back and then installed the open version of 3.7 mainly becuase it had 2.6.9 kernel which had built-in touchpad support, but so far things have gone downhill. I've had far less sucess with many things, mainly ndiswrapper and you cannont even configure the touchpad in this edition, like tapping sensitivty. Also (and this may just be due to teh extra features) but boot time went from about the same as my XP install to close to 6 and a half minutes (on a 2.4ghz celeron). Another thing I've noticed is that the open edition has made it almost impossible to enable reading/writing of linux partitions even with a HD install. The biggest thing is that even after severl re-installs I just can't get apt-get to do anything. Thank god for Klik or I'd be a complete wreck (Thanks Probono!)
Since many of theese things are rather varaible and could be chalked up to my screwing up please don't take this as any type of flamebait. I love knoppix and am certainly not trying to discredit it, I'm really just curious if anyone else has had any problems with running 3.7.
-Jameson
-
Junior Member
registered user
Hi Jameson,
I went from PC-Welt 3.7 to the regular 3.7 a few weeks ago. The only real issue I had was that the appearance of fonts, esp. in Firefox and Mozilla , was degraded seriously. I fixed this by playing with font selections and using anti-aliasing. Other than this I have not noticed any problems. In particular, my wireless setup scripts, which use ndiswrapper, continued to work fine.
sci_fi
Similar Threads
-
By Suicide Vampire in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-25-2004, 09:55 PM
-
By ohjo in forum German Forum
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 05:53 PM
-
By ohjo in forum German Forum
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-06-2004, 03:11 AM
-
By Dredd in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-11-2004, 05:16 PM
-
By Dutchguy in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-07-2004, 09:18 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-6700 SR2L2 3.40GHz 8 MB 4-Core LGA1151 Socket CPU Processor
$27.99

Intel Core i5-12500 3.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5V
$125.00

Intel Core i7-12700K 12th Gen Desktop Processor β LGA 1700 β Unlocked
$280.00

Intel Core Ultra 7 265KF 20-Core LGA 1851 Desktop Processor CPU
$199.99

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49

AMD RYZEN 5 3600X 6-core 12-thread 3.8 GHz base clock AM4 CPU Processor
$65.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99