View Poll Results: Is Install Safe?
- Voters
- 6. You may not vote on this poll
-
NO, you will be punished for even trying.
-
Sure, nothing could go wrong.
-
Read all the entries in the hdd forum to get a clue.
-
I have all my windows files backed up so I don't care.
-
Junior Member
registered user
I'm not the most knowledgeable person here, so I hesitate to answer definitively one way or the other, but I know it will help others who will read this after me if you give us some more details about your system -- what version of Windows is currently loaded? what filesystem are you using? how big is your hdd? What's your level of experience with these sorts of things? Which Knoppix version are you working with? Details, details!
That aside, best of luck! I'm currently fighting with a 3.7 install, but that's because I went about it completely backwards out of paranoia. These folks can probably steer you very well.
Similar Threads
-
By morbidpalooza in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-05-2005, 01:13 PM
-
By Bearly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-28-2005, 02:00 AM
-
By David Ormsby-Gore in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-23-2004, 07:20 PM
-
By counterzone in forum General Support
Replies: 30
Last Post: 05-05-2004, 03:36 PM
-
By Buck1 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Atari XE 130XE Computer NTSC with Power Supply Powers On Untested
$159.95

Atari 800 8-bit Computer System Fully Tested Great Condition 48k READ
$350.00

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

SOLD AS IS Lot of 5.25" Floppy Disks w/ Games & Software? Commodore 64 Atari 800
$59.99

Atari 520ST Vintage Home Computer Keyboard Unit
$199.97

Gotek USB Floppy Emulator v3.44 OLED (no speaker) Amiga Atari IBM Roland AKAI
$44.00

VTG Atari 1200XL Home Computer System 1200 XL ** Tested ** Parts or Repair
$323.75

DEFECTIVE Atari 400800 PAL CPU6502C Sally PCB with PAL ANTIC GTIA G3D
$70.00