modprobe ndiswrapper
I am trying to get a D-Link AirPlus WLan pcmcia networking card running under Knoppix 3.6 and have been following the instructions that I have found in various 'HowTos' At the moment the drivers are installed ...
# ndiswrapper -l ... returns the following ...
Installed ndis drivers
airplus
# cardctrl ident .... returns the following ...
Socket 0
product info: "Wireless Network CardBus PC Card", "Global", "", ""
manfid: 0x0097, 0x8402
function: 6 (network)
# iwconfig
lo no wireless extensions
This makes me think that the drivers are installed and the hardware is visible but somehow the setup has not been activated. If it were activated, then ndiswrapper would return ...
airplus driver present, hardware present
Therefore, I believe that there is some stage of the activation that I am either missing out or am doing wrong.
Can anyone help me with this? Or point me towards other HOWTOs that have helped them/you in the past?
Any tips would be gratefully received.
Cheers,
Alan Searle.
modprobe ndiswrapper

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99
MSI PRO Z790-P WIFI DDR4 LGA 1700 Intel Z790 SATA 6Gb/s DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$163.49
Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99
ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45
GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99
ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49
Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99
ASUS H110I-PLUS Motherboard LGA1151 w/ I5-7400 CPU, 8GB, Heatsink & I/O Shield
$60.00
MSI B460m-Bomber LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen B460 M-ATX Intel Motherboard
$59.99
ASUS B85M-G/B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI for Inter 4thCPU
$45.00