Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: How to detect drivers compiled into the kenel?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7

    How to detect drivers compiled into the kenel?

    I know I can get the drivers loaded as modules with lsmod and modinfo. But how do I know which drivers are compiled into the kernel?

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    65
    On my system
    ls /lib/modules/

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    7
    ghaze I thank you for your reply. I think however that you made a mistake in your advice. ls /lib/modules will list all drivers compiled as modules which may or may not be loaded for a particular system. What I needed was a list of the drivers that were compiled directly in the kernel.

    Fortunally I just stumbled on the solution
    Code:
    cat /boot/config-$VERSION | less
    will list the configuration file used to compile the kernel. I think this will only work on debian and derivatives such as Knoppix. Then again who cares about other systems

    Charles

Similar Threads

  1. Running compiled files
    By kepler in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-08-2004, 01:30 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-18-2004, 01:55 AM
  3. Knoppix for PS2, compiled for MIPS
    By stelman in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 03:54 PM
  4. Request for MPPE compiled in...
    By Vermyndax in forum Ideas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-28-2003, 10:05 PM
  5. Can't run vortex-diag which I compiled for my NIC
    By Sport in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-05-2003, 03:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$169.99



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2a 8-Core Ryzen Pro 7 5850U 1.90GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM

$300.00



Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor picture

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor

$175.00



Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 6850U 2.7GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM picture

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 3 8-Core AMD Ryzen 7 Pro 6850U 2.7GHz 512GB SSD 16GB RAM

$450.00



AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor

$59.99



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor

$245.99



Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD picture

Microsoft Surface Go 2 Laptop Core i5 1135G7 2.4GHz 8GB 128GB SSD

$179.99



AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

$250.00



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98